Monday, July 21, 2008

On forgiveness and patience.

Ok. fuck that last post of mine. It was out of context and out of rage. i apologize.

anyway, in a sort of related topic, I went to mass last sunday by myself. Amazingly, the topic in the homily was about of patience and forgiveness. Aside from the parables, teachings and all that other stuff, the homily made me think; Am I really that patient and forgiving to others?

let us define forgiveness first.

according to Wikipedia(of all places mind you)(2008), Forgiveness is the process of ceasing to feel resentment, indignation or anger against another person for a perceived offense, difference or mistake, or ceasing to demand punishment or restitution.

What does this mean? in the simplest terms, you stopped hating the person that sinned against you and you sort of offered him another chance to redeem himself, making both you and that other person feel relieved and in a way, glad that you just lifted a heavy burden from his heart as well as yours.

I realized that... Well, although it's fine to get angry at them, but I should keep that anger at a shallow pace, rather than take it too seriously, hide it and keep it as a heavy burden on your soul. Later on this burden will continually haunt you until eventually you will either break down and become emo or do something stupid.

Personally, I dont want that to happen. especially that, even though my parents act like faggots sometimes, I gotta learn to understand them and try to adapt to their needs. maybe it's my overwhelming unwarranted self-importance is what keeps me separate from my family...

In the end, I told myself, bah forget about it. It's not like crying over spilled milk will do anything. I told myself, forgive them, they're just doing their job after all, although I still tend to be distant from them. But I know one day we'll really get to heal the wounds and become closer as parent and child.

also, side note: this my first post wherein I added tags. I'll edit my older posts later with those tags. (read: 150 posts ('')(X@_________@X)('') )

p.s.: I'll be making another new layout for this blog. It'll be based on Yuno of Hidamari Sketch, but it will still entail the tranquil mood of the current layout. ^_^

p.p.s.: I gots an exam and tons of work to do in the coming weeks... Pray for me that I could survive through it all... @___@

Labels: ,

Materialized @ 8:29 PM || 0 Notes

About Me

Trophies

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Affiliates

Sakura Fanlisting
Suiseiseki Fanlisting
xxxHolic Fanlisting
Mokona Fanlisting chobits fanlisting
Tomoyo Fanlisting   Sugar Fanlisting
Death Note Fanlisting L Fan Listing Konata Fanlisting
Tsukasa Fanlisting Kagami Fanlisting

Plurk!

Visitors

page counter

Ads

Links

♥Yahoo!
♥Ragnarok Online
♥Level-up! Main Portal
♥Captured Wings Forums
♥Kawaii Sakura Shrine
♥Genso Suiko Gaiden
♥WWE.com
♥4chan
♥Vindicta
♥Desuchan
♥pROSEguru
♥Granado Espada
♥Nihon Kenkyu Kai
♥De La Salle University
♥Perfect World
♥PWboards
♥1PerfectWorld
♥Monato Esprit
♥La Salle Computer Society

Personal Links

♥Multiply
♥Plurk
♥Twitter
♥Formspring
♥My Johari Window
♥Friendster Account
♥Magic Crush Calculator ;)
♥FEED MEH!!!! XD
♥My mini City!!!
♥Help my city develop industry!

BlogRoll

♥GM Phage
♥Sol
♥Nicole
♥Shaoran
♥Luna-Dyei
♥Miyu
♥Martin
♥Wayne
♥Starry
♥Iko
♥Chantal
♥Marion

Previous Posts

♥ about parental love(or shallow hatred, so to speak)
♥ The new Level-up Portal
♥ belated happy birthday to me and stuff
♥ A new term starts... again.
♥ School's around the corner
♥ Yui Horie ~ nanodesu!
♥ 3rd term ends, short summer break begins
♥ New Layout, but still fixing things
♥ The lack of updates seems to have stagnated me.
♥ Happy Valentines Day!

Archives

♥November 2005
♥December 2005
♥January 2006
♥February 2006
♥March 2006
♥April 2006
♥May 2006
♥June 2006
♥July 2006
♥August 2006
♥September 2006
♥October 2006
♥November 2006
♥December 2006
♥January 2007
♥February 2007
♥March 2007
♥April 2007
♥May 2007
♥June 2007
♥July 2007
♥August 2007
♥September 2007
♥October 2007
♥November 2007
♥December 2007
♥January 2008
♥February 2008
♥March 2008
♥April 2008
♥May 2008
♥June 2008
♥July 2008
♥August 2008
♥September 2008
♥October 2008
♥November 2008
♥December 2008
♥January 2009
♥February 2009
♥March 2009
♥April 2009
♥May 2009
♥June 2009
♥July 2009
♥August 2009
♥September 2009
♥October 2009
♥November 2009
♥December 2009
♥January 2010
♥February 2010
♥March 2010
♥April 2010
♥May 2010
♥June 2010
♥July 2010
♥August 2010
♥September 2010
♥October 2010
♥November 2010
♥December 2010
♥January 2011
♥February 2011
♥March 2011
♥April 2011
♥May 2011
♥June 2011
♥July 2011
♥August 2011
♥October 2011
♥November 2011
♥January 2012

Credits

Made By June Parreno 11/05/05
Site Name © Lively Innocence
Designed by: June Parreno
Brushes and texture © psbrushes